Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Newest Face of Magpie

My name is Heather Forrest and I am the newest owner of Magpie Model Horses.


I am originally from Fort Worth, Texas. I studied art at the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas and was an elementary and middle school art teacher after graduation. In 2009 I moved to the east coast of Scotland. We live in a 200 year old house with our son and two cats.


I've been collecting since I was eight and currently have (checking the database) a collection over 1900 models, mostly Stones, Breyers, Hartlands, a rabidly expanding Julip herd, a few china and miscellaneous plastic modes, and a growing collection of Magpies.


I have been showing since 1996 - BreyerFest was my first ever show, talk about jumping in at the deep end - and judging, mainly the youth division, since 2000. I've been to a few of shows here in the UK and am looking forward to attending more. I am active on several model forums and Facebook groups and maintain reference websites for Magpie and Julip models.

My early love of documenting my collection in spreadsheet and database eventually evolved into several model horse history projects, starting with the Many Mini Hooves blog, which ended when Magpie opened, and more recently identification websites for the two surviving British model horse brands - Julip and Magpie. It will be interesting to contribute to model horse history instead of just documenting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment