Saturday, 29 April 2017

The Newest Face of Magpie

My name is Heather Forrest and I am the newest owner of Magpie Model Horses.

I am originally from Fort Worth, Texas. I studied art at the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas and was an elementary and middle school art teacher after graduation. In 2009 I moved to the east coast of Scotland. We live in a 200 year old house with our small son and two cats.

I've been collecting since I was eight and currently have (checking the database) a collection over 1900 models, mostly Stones, Breyers, Hartlands, a rabidly expanding Julip herd, a few china and miscellaneous plastic modes, and a growing collection of Magpies.

I have been showing since 1996 - BreyerFest was my first ever show, talk about jumping in at the deep end - and judging, mainly the youth division, since 2000. I've been to a few of shows here in the UK and am looking forward to attending more. I am active on several model forums and Facebook groups and maintain reference websites for Magpie and Julip models.

No comments:

Post a Comment